Aims and Objectives of the Sangha
• Relief of the poor, education, medical relief and advancement of any other object of general public utility , not involving the carrying on of any activity for profit.
• To promote and diffuse knowledge in philosophy and mysticism and in methods aiming at self-realization.
• To seek inspiration from Ma Anandamayee and to participate in all activities inspired by Mother for the spiritual advancement of mankind.
• To start centres for the benefit of the members of the Sangha, aspiring at spiritual life and
• practicing group Sadhana.
• To give free medical relief to poor and deserving persons and provide financial aid and medical assistance to Sadhus and Brahmacharis.
• To establish and maintain charitable institutions to serve the sick and the needy.
• To make arrangements in the Ashrams for the residence of Sadhus, Brahmacharis and Brahmacharins and to provide for their maintenance and Sadhana.
• To collect Ma's Vani (sayings) and facts regarding Her life and to publish the same for providing inspiration, knowledge and enlightenment to the people.
• To develop, maintain, carry on and enlarge Educational Centres, Comprising Residential Schools, libraries, Day Schools, Colleges, laboratories and Research Institution.
• To organise functions and ceremonies and discourses of learned men in such manner and at such place as the Sangha might from time to time decide for the spiritual advancement of mankind. The entire management and control of the affairs, funds and properties of the sangha vest in the Governing Body consisting of forty-two members. Twenty-one each of Ascetic and non Ascetic Members. The latter are elected by secret ballot every three years by the General Body. It is important to note that Shree Shree Ma had in no way been connected with the management or control of the organisation.
The Executive Council, consisting of eleven members works on behalf of the Governing Body, subject to its general supervision and control as detailed under powers and jurisdiction given in the Rules and Regulations of the Sangha.
All persons, irrespective of nationality, creed or caste, who have attained majority, are entitled to become members of the sangha provided they make an application in writing in the prescribed form and agree to accept the objects of the Sangha and to abide by its rules.
The main sources of income of the entire organization with all its branch centres and voluntary contributions from generous devotees of Shree Shree Ma. Donations paid to the Sangha are exempted from Income Tax under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Accounts are regularly checked and audited by qualified Auditors and published along with the Annual Reports.
The Official website of the Shree Shree Anandamayee Sangha